Our dynamic Finance team are looking for a Group Financial Controller to join the team and assist in the setting and delivering of our financial objectives. If you have experience working in a creative marketing agency and excellent working knowledge of Paprika, please apply below.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Producing detailed monthly management accounts and re-forecasts
- Reconciliation and commentary on the KPIs and variance analysis
- Managing staff costs, overheads, and revenue in line with budgets
- Provision of monthly dashboards for presentation to the Board
- Continual input into and review of the business sales forecast schedule
- Preparing, reconciling, and reporting of the monthly income recognition on all client accounts
- Reconciliation and maintenance of all balance sheet accounts
- Reviewing of WIP reports and recognition of deferred and accrued costs
- Preparing VAT return and ensure all legal obligations of payroll are met
- Supplier payments, client billing, credit cards, and managing annual audits
- Commercial and business partnering to client teams
- Monthly operations analysis
- Preparation and maintenance of long-term cash flow forecasts
The ideal candidate will have a strong handle on using Paprika, be fluent in Excel and an expert on income, costs, and all areas of the balance sheet. You will come from a marketing agency background with an understanding of the inner workings of a creative agency with a time-based business model. Experience in resource planning will also be vital to the success of this role.
In addition, you will be highly personable and a strong communicator with the ability to effectively partner with the business offering coaching and support to client handlers on finance management including budgeting, income recognition, and project tracking for the time spent and third-party costs. You will be a self-starter, work well autonomously and a keen problem solver with the ability to juggle multiple tasks under pressure.
If you would like to join our team, please submit your CV and details of your interest here.
No agencies, please. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
At SMI we work together as a community with a common goal, drawing on and respecting our collective knowledge to create enduring value. We are a culture-led business; we aim to be an inspiring, meaningful and exciting place to work and we encourage all applicants to view Our Commitment and Our Pledge as part of the applications process.